In the winter season it is possible to organize some walking in the snow both in the ski resort of Abetone and in its surroundings. Excursions take place especially along the trails that cross the territory and along the cross-country ski trails.
The possibilities are almost endless, in fact there are paths of varying length and difficulty.
All the snow shoes trails are very scenic and allow you to appreciate the nature and the silence of the Tuscan-Emilian Apennine forests.
You walk through frozen beechwoods and firwoods up to the natural viewpoints from which you can admire the 360° panorama: from Mount Cimone to Mount Libro Aperto, from the Corno alle Scale to Monte Gennaio.
It is always recommended:
- equip yourself with adequate equipment (you can also rent it on site)
- check out the weather before leaving
- communicate to other people the place of destination
- rely on a local guide who knows the path
- Maiori Ring: 2 hour walk, the trail starts from the Abetone square and reaches the slopes of Mount Libro Aperto.
- Abetone - Verginetta - Boscolungo: 2 hours and 30 minutes walk, the trail develops through the woods of Mount Maiori.
- Doni Ring: 1 hour and 30 minutes walk, easy walk around the village of Abetone.
- Nero Lake: 1 hour and 30 minutes walk, the trail has some technical stretch, it starts at the Botanical Garden and reaches the Nero Lake.